Advent: The Need
Read: Genesis 6:5-8
- Monday: Who is God? (Look for 4 Gs: How is he Good, Glorious, Great, and Gracious?)
- Tuesday: What has God done?
- Wednesday: Who are we?
- Thursday: What do we do?
- The heaviness of our own sin should lead us to Jesus, the one who forgives, redeems, and gives life. That first Advent, the baby was born so he could die. Read 2 Corinthians 5:15. What did we used to live for? What should we live for now?
- Friday: How do we do it?
- Weekend: Who needs to know?
Meditation and Prayer
This week we are praying through Psalm 141.
Meditate on Psalm 141:8: “But my eyes look to you, Lord, my Lord. I seek refuge in you; do not let me die.”
Respond: “Lord, fix my eyes on you in _________.”
Worship and Silence
Worship along with this song. Spend a few minutes after in silence.
- Thank God for the things of the day.
- Pray for one another.