Advent: The Promise
Read: Isaiah 59:1-20
- Monday: Who is God? (Look for 4 Gs: How is he Good, Glorious, Great, and Gracious?)
- How is his strength described? How can God’s holiness be described? What is his view of justice and the responsibility of people? How is he described in verse 20?
- Tuesday: What has God done?
- Wednesday: Who are we?
- Thursday: What do we do?
- Friday: How do we do it?
- Weekend: Who needs to know?
Meditation and Prayer
This week we are praying through Psalm 142.
Meditate on Psalm 142:1: “I cry aloud to the Lord; I plead aloud to the Lord for mercy.”
Respond: “Lord, bring mercy to _________.”
Worship and Silence
Worship along with this song. Spend a few minutes after in silence.
- Thank God for the things of the day.
- Pray for one another.