Advent: The Promise
Read: Isaiah 59:1-20
- Monday: Who is God? (Look for 4 Gs: How is he Good, Glorious, Great, and Gracious?)
- Tuesday: What has God done?
- Wednesday: Who are we?
- On our own, without the redeemer, how can we be described? See verse 10. And who are we after repentance? See verse 20. How should that make us feel?
- Thursday: What do we do?
- Friday: How do we do it?
- Weekend: Who needs to know?
Meditation and Prayer
This week we are praying through Psalm 142.
Meditate on Psalm 142:4-5: “Look to the right and see: no one stands up for me; there is no refuge for me; no one cares about me. I cry to you, Lord; I say, “You are my shelter, my portion in the land of the living.””
Respond: “Lord, you are my refuge from _________.”
Worship and Silence
Worship along with this song. Spend a few minutes after in silence.
- Thank God for the things of the day.
- Pray for one another.